Program Facilitator (Women), Journey Towards Dignity Programme
Last Date: June 15, 2017
About the Program:
Journey Towards Dignity program aims to empower adolescent girl students enrolled in class 7-8 with knowledge related to their coming of age, including physical and emotional changes, onset of menstrual cycle, importance of menstrual hygiene and its impact on their future health, gendered identity, sexuality and gender based violence.
For more details visit – http://www.pukar.org.in/journey-towards-dignity/
We are seeking a woman as a facilitator for Journey Towards Dignity Programme.
Program related work:
- Creating and revising modules for the training
- Searching similar program modules created by other organizations
- Ideating, designing and facilitating training of trainers (TOT) workshops for the team
- Facilitating the training sessions at schools, colleges and communities
- Creating as well as conducting monitoring and evaluating (pre-post and baseline-end line) instruments for various formats of training sessions
- Supporting and overlooking the preparation and other activities of the team
- Documenting / archiving sessions as per need for disseminations
- Meeting Executive Director regularly to update her about the ongoing activities / sessions
- Networking and exploring opportunities to collaborate with other organizations working in the same field
- Meeting Principal of the schools; taking permission to run the program in the school. Discussing and finalizing suitable time to conduct the sessions
- Meeting teachers, parents and students regularly to inform them about the sessions, answer their queries about the program and document such meetings including their feedback. This is basically to make them clear about program structure, learning and outcome
- Coordinating with BMC officials as and when required
- Communicating with the facilitators regularly to understand how the sessions are going on, their observations
- Being in touch with other organizations, funders and peoples involved in this program
- Organizing graduation ceremony, certificate distribution etc.
- All the other activities related to program and organization which may come up throughout the tenure. Payment for the additional work may be made by PUKAR discretion
Educational background and Skills:
- Masters degree in Social Sciences or Humanities
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, using internet and social media, Skype etc.) also required.
At least 2 years’ work experience with reputed organizations of which at least some part should have been in a leadership/ Trainer/ Facilitator role
We are looking for an innovative person with a vision for youth development. People with experience in working with adolescents, women and gender related issues will be preferred.
We are looking for a person with the following attributes:
- A good team player
- Knowledge of social issues
- Compassionate social perspective
- A positive attitude, openness to ideas, an inquisitive mind and a learning orientation
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in English and Hindi as well as working knowledge of Marathi
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong coordination, facilitation and organization skills
- A well-read person, previous experience in facilitating workshops / training sessions, monitoring and evaluation of program will be an added asset
- Prior network with the CBOs (Community Based Organisations) and / or having good networking skill will be an added advantage
- Minimum 40 hours of work per week. A typical working week for Journey Towards Dignity Program is Thursday to Monday, with Tuesday and Wednesday being weekly offs. (This may change as per the requirement of the program)
- The person must also be willing to work on holidays for field visits, sessions and meetings
- Willingness to travel anywhere in Mumbai Metropolitan Region whenever required
- 3,00,000/- to 3,60,000/- (less TDS, as applicable) annually plus other benefits
Last date for applying: June 15, 2017
Please email your CV to email@example.com along with a covering letter describing what has motivated you to apply for the post.
Please include in your CV:
Contact details of two people who directly supervised/worked with you in the last 2 years.