Program Facilitator, Youth Fellowship Programme
Last Date: June 10, 2017
Only Mumbai based persons should apply for the post.
About the Program –
PUKAR’s Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) is a unique knowledge initiative that provides a space for marginalized youth to engage with the issues related to their own aspirations and those of their neighborhoods. This community based participatory research process empowers the youth through learning about themselves and their communities, using it also as an action, intervention and advocacy tool. With this new-found knowledge and confidence, the youth can negotiate the city better and focus on transforming themselves and their communities, thus ultimately leading to them becoming active citizens, community leaders and game changers.
(For for more details, please visit – http://www.pukar.org.in/youth-and-urban-knowledge-production/)
Youth Fellowship Program Facilitator’s Profile:
- Taking responsibility of certain number of groups in a fellowship year (July – June)
- Being part of Outreach (youth mobilization from community and colleges), recruitment and Selection process of new groups
- Coordinating all the activities of those groups and mentoring them to pursue their research agenda
- Assisting in organization of workshops for Youth Fellows; conducting and facilitating sessions whenever required
- One-on-One interaction with each fellow to understand each one’s individual process of self-discovery and growth and to be of any help, if needed
- Doing assessment of assigned fellows as per given framework and pre-determined schedule
- Assisting in proposal writing / report writing as well as preparing smaller write-ups about YFP as and when required
- Assisting in Alumni Program. It includes coordinating with the alumni, creating and updating alumni database, regular meetings with them etc.
- Contributing in the intellectual and contextual dimensions of the YF as well as PUKAR
- Working with the Team for organizing multiple events related to the YF Program and PUKAR
We are looking for an innovative person with a vision for youth development with at least 3 years’ work experience with reputed organizations of which at least some part should have been in a leadership/ Trainer/ Facilitator role. People with experience in working with youth, development and research work in development sector will be preferred
We are looking for a person with the following attributes:
- A good team player
- Knowledge of social issues
- Compassionate social perspective
- A positive attitude, openness to ideas, an inquisitive mind and a learning orientation
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in English and Hindi as well as working knowledge of Marathi
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong coordination and organization skills
- A well-read person, previous experience in facilitating workshops / training sessions, monitoring and evaluation of program will be an added asset
- Prior network with the CBOs (Community Based Organisations) and / or having good networking skill will be an added advantage
Educational background and Skills:
Masters degree in Social Sciences or Humanities
Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, using internet and social media, Skype etc.) also required.
- Minimum 40 hours of work per week. A typical working week for Youth Fellowship is Thursday to Monday, with Tuesday and Wednesday being weekly offs. (This may change as per the requirement of the program).
- The person must also be willing to work on holidays for field visits and meetings.
- Willingness to travel anywhere in Mumbai Metropolitan Region whenever required
- 4,32,000 to 4,60,000/- (less TDS, as applicable) annually
Last date for applying: June 10, 2017
Please email your CV to email@example.com along with a covering letter describing what has motivated you to apply for the post.
Please include in your CV:
Contact details of two people who directly supervised/worked with you in the last 2 years.