Project Coordinator for Journey Towards Dignity Project
Last Date to Apply: June 24, 2018 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational background: Masters in Social Work / Gender Studies / Women’s Health
Work Experience: At least 3 year’s work experience of working in the above mentioned fields
Only Mumbai based person should apply for the post.
Only Female candidates should apply.
Journey Towards Dignity project aims to empower adolescent girls and boys with knowledge related to their coming of age, including physical and emotional changes, onset of menstrual cycle, importance of menstrual hygiene and its impact on their future health, gendered identity, sexuality and gender based violence.
Outreach and rapport building:
- Finding new communities and build rapport
- Preparing the parents and community leaders for conducting sessions
- Organising community groups for the sessions
- Networking and exploring opportunities to collaborate with other Community Based Organisations (CBOs) working in the same field
Coordination with Schools and BMC Officials:
- Coordinating with BMC officials to obtain permission to conduct sessions in BMC schools
- Meeting Principals of the schools; taking permission to run the project in the schools
- Meeting teachers and support staff regularly to inform them about the sessions and logistics of the sessions
- Meeting teachers and parents to respond to their queries about the project and document such meetings including their feedback
Facilitation of Training:
- Studying, understanding and innovating training modules
- Searching similar program modules created by other organizations
- Facilitating the training sessions at schools and communities
- Updating Program Manager about progress of sessions and challenges and opportunities faced in the process
Monitoring and Follow-ups:
- Conducting parents meetings as per the schedule
- Regular follow up for Health Diary
- Conducting pre – post survey every three months
- Analysing pre – post survey data
- Monitoring whole process and reporting the same to the concerned persons
- Procurement and distribution of materials and food products
- Assembling training kit (modules, charts, posters, audio-video content, projectors, laptop, camera etc.) for each session
- Documenting / archiving sessions as per need for dissemination
- Being in touch with CBOs and Resource Persons
- Organizing events like graduation ceremony, certificate distribution etc.
- Compiling data, photographs and written materials for reports and proposals
We are looking for an innovative person with a vision for empowerment of girls and women. People with experience in working with adolescent girls and boys, women’s health, gender issues etc. will be preferred.
We are looking for a person with the following attributes:
- A good team player
- Knowledge of issues related with gender, health and hygiene
- Compassionate and inclusive social perspective
- Ability to undertake extensive field work
- Ease with local travel
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in English and Hindi as well as working knowledge of Marathi
- A positive attitude, openness to ideas, an inquisitive and erudite mind
- Strong coordination and organization skills
- Prior network with the CBOs and / or having good networking skill will be an added advantage
- Minimum 40 hours of work per week. A typical working week for PUKAR Program Teams is Thursday to Monday, with Tuesday and Wednesday being weekly offs
- Candidate should be flexible with working hours
Emoluments: Rs. 20000/- to 32000/- (less all the taxes as applicable) per month depending upon skills, ability and work experience
Please email your CV to email@example.com along with-
- A covering letter describing what has motivated you to apply for the post
- Subject line should be– “Application for the Post of Project Coordinator – JTD Project”
Please include in your CV:
Contact details of two people who directly supervised/worked with you in the last 2 years.
For any inquiry give us a call on 022-26474870.